Please join our small group of business owners in the value-added wood industry for a roundtable discussion with industry experts regarding topics affecting you, your family, and your business
- Tax Considerations
- Do you have a written retirement and/or business transition plan?
- How will you be exiting your business? (Three choices: sale to a 3rd party, transition to a family member, and closing the business down)
- Have you evaluated all the potential tax strategies to withdrawing funds from your company?
- Does your business qualify for the $800,000 SMALL BUSINESS CAPITAL GAINS EXEMPTION? Are you aware of how you can magnify this exemption?
- What will you do as a retired owner?
- Are you aware of the current value of tax owed on the shares of your company if they were sold?
- How much of your retirement will be funded through your business?
- What do you plan to do with the proceeds of your business’s sale? Will you be seeking capital protection, income, growth or a combination of all three?
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2017
Time: 12:30pm – 2:30pm
Location: KPMG Building – 3rd floor, 8506 200 Street, Langley, BC
Cost: $19.05 + GST (includes lunch and coffee)