SAVE THE DATE SEPTEMBER 7th – 9th, 2017
This is your invitation to save the date for BC Wood’s 14th Annual Global Buyers Mission™ (GBM), featuring WoodTALKS, designed to enlighten, inform and inspire on the use of wood in design and construction. Along with WoodTALKS, this 2-1/2 day event is full of opportunities for architects, designers, contractors, developers, public officials and other wood products specifiers to see first-hand what is new in BC’s wood industry, learn, network and catch up with colleagues.
The GBM is Canada’s largest event of its kind with attendance on an “invitation-only” basis! The GBM brings together those who specify, source and use wood products, with Canadian manufacturers and suppliers. Once again it is set in spectacular Whistler Village, British Columbia.
Highlights of the 2017 program will include:
- Seminars by industry leaders including award winning architects from BC
- BC Wood exhibitor Mini-Seminars
- Site tours (TBC)
- Opportunity for registered architects and designers to earn 6+ learning units
Two evening networking socials
- Thursday at the Roundhouse Restaurant at the top of Whistler
- Friday Reception style dinner location TBC
- Each social is designed to provide lots of opportunities to network with colleagues and industry leaders both locally and globally
- Meet with up to 100 exhibitors from BC’s and Canada’s value-added wood products industry
WoodTALKS Proposed 2017 Program
These Events All Qualify for Lu’s
Thursday: Seminars 2:30–4:30
Friday: Lunch & Learn; Exhibitor Mini-Seminars; Site Tour
Saturday: Lunch & Learn
Cost of Registration is $285.00 and includes all the above plus:
- Meals during the GBM including: two hot buffet breakfasts, two delicious lunches and two wonderful evening receptions with lots of great food
- Spousal program for the Thursday and Friday evening events is available at $100 for each event.
- Return bus transfer (N/C) from downtown Vancouver or YVR for those who request it
Hotel and Accommodations
Although you may choose to stay anywhere in Whistler Village, BC Wood will reserve a special block of rooms at the Aava Hotel, situated directly behind the conference centre and a two-minute walk, at very attractive, discounted rates for GBM Participants. **Discount rates only available until early August 2017
Additional programming, registration and speaker details will be forthcoming.
If you have any other questions, or require additional information, please contact Roy Manion directly at 604-882-7100 or e-mail email@example.com.