2011 China International Exhibition on Housing Industry (CIEHI)
Posted by David Pao
July 14th, 2011
BC Wood will be exhibiting at the China International Exhibition on Housing Industry (CIEHI) this September in Beijing. This event will focus on China’s growing construction market and the application of new housing and green building technologies. Attendees of the three day event will include major real estate and property developers from around various regions in China. The event is hosted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Rural Construction. Other organizers also include the China Real Estate Association, Beijing Construction Committee, and Beijing Housing Technology Development Co.
BC Wood, along with Canada Wood partners, COFI and CFPA, see a strong potential for Canadian wood products at this event and will coordinate participation.
When and Where?
Date: September 27-29, 2011
Location: Beijing, China
Why should you come?
- Cost savings for BC Wood members
- Gain in-market exposure and first hand market intelligence
- Opportunity to meet key builders and developers in China
Who should participate?
- Glulam and heavy timbers
- Prebuilt homes
- Outdoor wood products (Western Red Cedar)
- Landscaping products
- Exterior siding and panel products
- The rise in China’s middle class is credited for a growing and increasingly important import market. The country’s rapidly growing middle class has spurred strong domestic consumption of housing and material goods.
- Over the past 10 years, there has been rapid growth in China’s use of imported wood products.
- Despite the global recession, the China market is continuing to grow with GDP growth projected to continue at up to 8.5% per annum.
- China’s new policies, focused on improving energy efficiency and environmental impact of structures, make wood building systems an increasingly attractive option, with benefits such as carbon reduction and seismic stability
Save the date and register now!
For more information or to register, please click here to download the registration form and fax to 604-882-7300 or contact David Pao at 604-882-7100 or email@example.com