Do not underestimate the power of face-to-face marketing; it is not dead! It is the key to new customer acquisition and increased customer loyalty.
Recently, one of my clients more than doubled their leads from their previous year’s show! How did they achieve this turnaround? By spending the time planning and creating roadmap on the front end!
And what does this roadmap look like?
– What is the average revenue generated from one sale?
– How many qualified leads need to be obtained for the event to be considered a success?
– What does a successful show look like?
– What are the key messages that need to be disseminated?
– Spend the time reaching out prior to the event via multiple mediums.
– Utilize social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
– Create multiple touch points prior to the event with direct marketing (standard postcards and e-mails).
– Provide a teaser or incentive.
– Create a compelling reason for attendees to come by your booth.
– the beacon that can be seen across the hall.
– the eye-level message drawing the attendee in as they walk down the aisle.
– the in-your-face messaging that continues the story as the attendee enters the booth.
– Decide what activities need to be held within the space to insure that your exhibit advances the experience and moves prospects through the space logically and effectively.